Changi Airport identifies top service personalities with Hiend Workflow Management Solution
Identifying the best candidates chosen from 28,000 employees for its Service Personality
Award was a breeze with the help of Hiend Workflow Management Solution (WMS).
Changi International Airport
How can we help you? Email us at
The seventh busiest international airport in the world, Changi Airport is a major air hub in Asia. Serving more than 100 international airlines flying to some 200 cities in about 60 countries and territories worldwide, Changi Airport is an important contributor to Singapore's economy. One of the country's largest employers, the airport employs more than 28,000 people and accounts for over $4.5 billion in output. More than 42 million passengers travel by air through Changi Airport each year.
Over the past 30 years, Changi Airport has established itself as the world's most
awarded "Best Airport." To publicise the extraordinary work of its service professionals,
the airport established the Service Personality Award, intended to recognise the
efforts of the staff's most outstanding members.
Although the situation may sound simple, the challenge of identifying the airport's
most exceptional team members from a staff of 28,000 was immeasurably complex.
- The nomination process for the Service Personality Award included all 28,000 employees.
- Formerly, staff working both on- and off-site were invited to submit their nomination
forms on paper, a manual process that was unwieldy, massively time-consuming, and
- Changi Airport sought a web-based, self-service system that would automate the nomination
process, save time, decrease paper waste, prevent manual entry errors, and centralise
- Any new platform would be required to integrate with the airport's existing systems
and would need to be highly intuitive.
Hiend WMS and Hiend CMS were chosen to help Changi Airport streamline the nomination
and selection process. From submission to awarding of the honor itself, every step
of the shortlist and interview process will be handled through this capable system,
- An automated platform to collect and evaluate nominations based on merit
- Quick and accurate analysis of each nomination's strengths and weaknesses
- Reliable communication channels at all levels, connecting nominators with the award
supervisors and panels.
In the effort to encourage all airport staff to participate in the award process,
the system is both simple to use and efficient. A highly intuitive platform ensures
that nominations will proceed smoothly, without confusion or inaccuracies, while
the innovative back end of the system supports administration of the nomination
This efficient solution from Hiend automates Changi Airport's award nomination and
evaluation process and is based on the following key principles:
- Universal: Applied uniformly to all staff
- Integrated: Within the HR system and Microsoft Exchange
- Coherent: Assesses evaluation results and compiles them efficiently
- Fair and transparent: Based on objective criteria and clear nomination rules
The system offers a range of benefits that make it a marked improvement over the
previous manual input model. This solution provides:
- Access to information and evaluations for each nominee
- Tabulation of interview and evaluation results, average scores, alerts, and a host
of other reporting tools available through an intuitive online platform
- Full compliance with airport policies
- Seamless integration with HR systems and Microsoft Exchange
- Scalable design to support Changi Airport's large number of users
The new system has significantly streamlined the evaluation process across the organisation,
and has reduced the amount of time the HR team spends on administrative tasks throughout
the award nomination and selection process.
As an additional benefit, airport staff now have online access to evaluations and
are able to track their progress. This level of transparency encourages interest
in the awards and provides proof of good faith, boosting morale and encouraging
employees' commitment to the airport's success.